Friday, April 20, 2012

Letter from a Reader

Hi Sharon,
I purchased your ‘Art of Gluten Free Sourdough Baking’ book a little while ago. It arrived just in time for me to transform my first batch of boosted brown rice starter into a reasonably successful loaf. It was a little flat and moist but with a great taste and lovely chewy texture that is missing in the normal gluten free shop offerings!

I didn’t think I would make another loaf soon so I used the leftover brown rice starter to make pancakes for Easter breakfast and included fruit and some spices. We ate these with soft goat cheese and sugar free jam. Wow! Even my husband and mother enjoyed these. I ran out of bread before my next batch of starter was ready so I used a bought loaf that I had in the freezer. I couldn’t believe the difference in the way my stomach felt.

I have just made two loaves using a mix of brown rice starter with Quinoa flour and potato flour. I had a really good result with these, so much so that I had four slices of the first one that I cut up! They seem to slice easily and last very well.

Thank you so much for putting so much effort into researching and producing this book. I had all but given up on bread until my sister in law brought your book to my attention. I am looking forward to trying some of the other things as well. Like banana bread!

Warm regards and thanks again!
D.B., Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment