Monday, March 10, 2014

Using Nuts in my Diet

       
When I first learned I was highly sensitive to gluten, dairy, eggs and soy, I added nuts and seeds into my diet to make up for the protein that was in those foods I had eliminated from my diet. I added them to hot breakfast cereal and salads.

A few months later I read about the nutritional benefits of soaked nuts and seeds in Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.

I tried soaking various nuts and seeds at night to use for breakfast. I noticed a "calmer, smoother" feeling in my stomach after eating them. I also noticed a bit more energy through the day. When I occasionally forgot to soak nuts the night before, I noticed my stomach was working much harder than when I soaked the nuts.
Soaking Almonds

Draining Almonds

Dehydrating Almonds

Principles of Soaking Nuts
for easy digestion

The seed is the spark of life, a living and perfect food with all the elements necessary for vitality. Paul Pitchford, Healing with Whole Foods  Definition of a Seed from Wikipedia:
A seed is a small embryonic plant. A typical seed has three basic parts.

1. an embryo
2. a supply of nutrients for the embryo
3. a seed coat

Seeds, grains, nuts and beans are all "seeds" and contain a potent store of nutrients when prepared properly. Soaking seeds mimics the germination process making them easier to digest and making more nutrients available to us.
Throughout history, traditional cultures from around the globe soaked or fermented their foods. Sally Fallon, Nourishing Traditions
 I am selling properly soaked and dehydrated Almonds and Pecans by the pound.
They are USA-grown, Organic, Raw, and Unpasteurized.
They are processed in Gluten-Free facilities.

They are soaked and dehydrated in my Gluten-Free kitchen.
Order Here!

Contact me if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment